Our signature LOW CARB FLOUR MIX is 100% keto friendly, very low net carb, high fibre, gluten free and just the thing to make it easier to follow a healthy diet for the whole family by making low carb yummy breads and cakes!
When cooking gluten free and very low carb there’s many challenges in creating a bread or cake that doesn’t crumble, is not too heavy or can pass the fussy kids taste test! It takes practice but thankfully there are hundreds of great free recipes available online. The addition of the whisked egg whites to bread recipes can make all the difference between a heavy loaf and one that can rise and has more of a bread-like taste and feel. To make a fluffier bread or cake simply adjust the formulation yourself to use less flour mix and more stiff whisked egg whites, simple.
Low Carb Keto Flour Contents:
Organic Coconut Flour, Psyllium Seed Flour and Organic Flaxseed
How to bake 1 loaf:
- 1/2 packet Rainforest Herbs Low Carb Bread Mix equiv. to 165gm
Ingredients to Add:
- ¾ cup Rainforest Herbs Odourless Coconut Oil (or Olive Oil / Butter)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt (preferably sea-salt or Himalayan rock salt)
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut vinegar (or regular Vinegar)
To Make Whisked Egg White
- Egg whites (from 6 large eggs)
- 1 tsp Cream of Tartar
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350 F)
- Grease 8” x 4” bread pan with coconut oil (if making regular loafs)
- Combine all Bread Ingredients and mix well
- In a separate bowl whisk egg whites with Cream of Tartar till stiff
- Gently fold stiff whisked egg white mix into the bread mix
- Bake for 55 minutes or until edges are brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Let bread sit in pan for 15 minutes, then remove and allow to cool completely before cutting
Other Low Carb Keto Healthy Bread variations with our Coconut & Psyllium Flour:
- Buns - divide the same 1/2 pack mix into 6 small buns and flatten on a tray and bake for 10 to 15 minutes
- Pizza base - add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese to the mix
- Olive Oil French Loaf - replace ½ the water with Organic Coconut Vinegar and ½ the Odourless Coconut Oil with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and bake on a tray in two long French-loaf shapes.
- Herb Focaccia Bread – as above and add Rosemary, Garlic powder, Oregano, Thyme, Basil and Black Pepper and bake in a flatbread tray.
- Garlic Parmesan Bagels - add garlic powder and parmesan cheese to mix
1 Minute KetoCrème Chocolate Cake in a Cup
This delicious Chocolate Keto rich cake has a fluffy outer and decadent liquid center. No one would guess that it is 100% gluten free, grain free, sugar free and high fibre while containing ketone boosting Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT's). It's a completely satisfying healthy fat bomb treat and gets a definite thumbs up from the kids!
Makes: 1 large mug
- 1 Tbsp Keto Flour Mix
- 2 scoops KetoCreme Chocolate Powder
- 1 Tbsp Odourless Coconut Oil
- 1/3 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda (avoid Baking Soda as it contains corn flour / starch)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (sugar-free)
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp (approx. 10g to 15g) depending on taste preference of Erythritol or Stevia. Our favourite is Lakanto sugar (Erythritol and Lou Han Guo) and is available in 200gm packs or 5gram individual sachets.
Add 3-4 dark chocolate chunks or 4-5 berries into the mix for each cup.
- Mix all ingredients well to remove lumps and let sit for 2 minutes. Add the dark chocolate or berries and stir.
- Place into a large microwavable mug and microwave for 60 seconds.
Note: 2 egg whites may be used instead of the whole egg, creating an even lighter and fluffier texture.
What to do with the surplus egg yolks? Many healthy dishes call for egg yolks and a quick google will reveal hundreds of recipes with our personal favourite being Coconut Oil Mayonnaise. Check out these 35 Low Carb Recipes for Leftover Egg Yolks from All Day I Dream About Food
Here is the list of essential Rainforest Herbs ingredients for a Keto Low Carb Kitchen:
- Low Carb Keto Flour Mix
- Organic Odourless Coconut Oil
- Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- YumYum Coconut Butter
- KetoCrème Original MCT Powder
- KetoCrème Chocolate MCT Powder
- KetoCrème Coffee MCT Powder
- Coconut Source MCT Oil
- Organic Coconut Vinegar