Low Carb Keto Bread Mix
Our signature bread mix is 100% keto friendly, very low net carb, high fibre, gluten free and just the thing to make it easier to follow a healthy diet for the whole family.
When cooking gluten free and very low carb there’s many challenges in creating a bread that doesn’t crumble, is not too heavy or can pass the fussy kids taste test! It definitely takes practice and thankfully there are hundreds of great tips and free recipes available online.
The addition of the whisked egg whites to these bread recipes can make all the difference between a heavy loaf and one that can rise and has more of a bread-like taste and feel. To make a fluffier lighter bread simply adjust the formulation yourself to use less flour mix and more egg whites, simple.
Each 330gm pack contains enough mix for 2 large loafs or 14 buns.
Low Carb Keto Bread Mix Contents:
Organic Coconut Flour, Psyllium Seed Flour and Organic Flaxseed
How to bake 1 loaf:
- 1/2 packet Rainforest Herbs Low Carb Bread Mix equiv. to 165gm
- ¾ cup Rainforest Herbs Odourless Coconut Oil (or Olive Oil / Butter)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt (preferably sea-salt or Himalayan rock salt)
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut vinegar (or regular Vinegar)
To Make Whisked Egg White
- Egg whites (from 6 large eggs)
- 1 tsp Cream of Tartar
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350 F)
- Grease 8” x 4” bread pan with coconut oil (if making regular loafs)
- Combine all Bread Ingredients and mix well
- In a separate bowl whisk egg whites with Cream of Tartar till stiff
- Gently fold stiff whisked egg white mix into the bread mix
- Bake for 55 minutes or until edges are brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Let bread sit in pan for 15 minutes, then remove and allow to cool completely before cutting
Other Rainforest Herbs Healthy Bread suggestions:
- Olive Oil French Loaf - replace ½ the water with Organic Coconut Vinegar and ½ the Odourless Coconut Oil with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and bake on a tray in two long French-loaf shapes.
- Herb Focaccia Bread – as above and add Rosemary, Garlic powder, Oregano, Thyme, Basil and Black Pepper and bake in a flatbread tray.
- Click here for more recipe ideas.
- or for more creative keto cooking tips, visit www.ketojules.com
What to do with the surplus egg yolks? Many healthy dishes call for egg yolks and a quick google will reveal hundreds of recipes with our personal favourite being Coconut Oil Mayonnaise.
Note: We have chosen not to use Xanthan Gum in our Keto bread mix because although it helps to substitute the binding properties of gluten it may result in wind and bloating in some. However it may be added as desired for greater binding properties and to reduce / replace the requirement for eggs.
Also, we prefer to use Flaxseed uncrushed, because only in their original seed form do they maintain freshness.