Keto Fat Bombs are an essential part of the Keto and low carb diet and a healthy guilt-free treat the whole family will love.
Keto Fat Bombs can be eaten as a quick breakfast together with your bulletproof coffee, as an afternoon snack, before workouts or whenever you need extra fuel during your day. The are low carb, keto and vegetarian friendly and supply the much needed healthy fats that the body can metabolize to assist us to switch to burning fats, which forms the basis of the keto lifestyle.
The important key when making Keto Bombs is that they contain sufficient healthy fat rich in MCT's to trigger appetite satiation and have a very low carbohydrate content and yes, should taste out of this world. Additional benefits is the other healthy nutrient dense ingredients that are included, such as antioxidant rich berries, chocolate, nuts, spices etc.
The best thing is that they are super fast and easy to make and do not require any baking, just mix the ingredients, make into the desired shape and set in the fridge to set.
How to Make Fat Bombs?
Easy, as there's no hard or fast rules to combine these ingredients to make the treat of your choice from whatever is on hand. Our recommendation is to start with a coconut product and add a pure MCT product. Having superfine coconut flour on hand is a core ingredient for the texture and solidity to form a ball. If not then cupcake paper cups are needed to form a mold when you put in the fridge.
1. Coconut products:
- Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- Organic Odourless Coconut Oil
- Organic Raw Coconut Oil
- YumYum Coconut Butter
- Organic Coconut Flour
2. MCT Oil or powder:
- Body Hack MCT Oil
- Intelligen C8 MCT Oil
- KetoCreme Chocolate Powder
- KetoCreme Original Powder
- KetoCreme Coffee Powder
From here then you add the flavour and texture ingredients and no calorie sweeteners of your choice.
3. Delicious and healthy ingredients:
- Nuts: Almonds, Macadamias, Walnuts, Pistachios etc.
- Cream cheese
- Grass Fed Butter or Ghee
- Desiccated Coconut Flakes
- Lemon, lime and the rind
- Dark chocolate (preferably more than 85%) or pure unsweetened cacao / cocoa powder
- Unsweetened natural Vanilla
- Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries etc.
- Stevia or Monkfruit sweetener (Lou Han Guo)
- Erythritol, Swerve or Lakanto sweetener
- Cocoa nibs
- Himalayan Salt
- Herbs such as Cinnamon and Ginger
- Natural Peppermint flavour
Our KetoHerbalist's Featured Recipe:
Ben's Simple Lime Zest Coconut Bombs
Ingredients (makes 6-8 small balls):
- KetoCreme Original MCT Powder 2 scoops
- Organic Coconut Flour 2 scoops
- Organic Virgin Coconut Oil 2 Tablespoons
- Lime juice from 2 limes (or 1 lemon) and zest of 1 lime/1 lemon
- No-calorie sweetener i.e. Lakanto sugar (Erythritol and Monk fruit extract) 6 teaspoons (30gm)
Step 1: Add MCT powder, coconut flour, lime zest and coconut oil in a bowl and mix
Step 2: Add lime juice and no-calorie sugar and stir well.
Step 3: Mix all ingredients well and form into small balls and there you have it, they are done! Those that don't get eaten right away may be stored in the fridge for a healthy go to snack. I love these as they're super easy to prepare with a zesty sourness.
Keto Bomb Tips: We suggest make just a small amount initially as it is necessary to get the right balance, especially if using bitter pure cocoa powder or dark chocolate that needs to be balanced with ample no calorie sweetener of choice. To make a fat bomb without any coconut taste, then the KetoCreme Powders and Odourless Coconut Oil will ensure that your other ingredients are not competing with the coconut taste.
Not sure what all this fuss is about the Keto Diet? To learn more, an absolutely fantastic KETO STARTER GUIDE from our very own Malaysian Keto Guru and Blogger, Julie Mokhtar, please visit her website www.ketojules.com