Manjakani Herbal Powder 50gms
Manjakani or Oak Gall Nuts is an ancient herbal remedy for feminine health originating from Persia and traded worldwide for centuries along ancient spice routes. Manjakani is rich in tannins known as gallotannins that possess a potent an anti-oxidant capacity far greater than popular antioxidant herbs with a specific effect on pelvic health, tone and hygiene.
In traditional Malay medicine Manjakani is used for feminine hygiene, promote uterine healing and elasticity after childbirth, contract vaginal muscles and possesses antibacterial and antifungal (anti-candida) effects. It is commonly used as a natural treatment for leucorrhea (white discharge) taken internally as a tea and as a douche. The antioxidant properties of Manjakani have been measured as ORAC > 40,000 µmol TE/g, in comparison the ORAC of green tea is less than 1,500 µmol TE/g.
This antimicrobial and astringent effect is also useful for skin problems, wound healing, parasites and chronic diarrhea.
Our Rainforest Herbs Manjakani Powder is prepared from the highest quality Manjakani Gall Nuts and finely powdered to improve absorption. No other added ingredients, only 100% pure Manjakani Gall Nut superfine powder.
As as Manjakani Tea: Add one third of a flat teaspoon of Manjakani Powder in hot water (or add to black tea) and sweeten to taste with Rainforest Herbs Coconut Sugar. Drink twice daily. As with most herbs, not to be taken during pregnancy.
As a Douche: Manjakani vaginal douche to prevent white discharge and tone the vagina. Make a strong decoction by boiling for 5 minutes and insert with a vaginal douche (available in pharmacies).
MANJAKANI / QUERCUS INFECTORIA STUDIES (click below for more info)
- Hepatoprotective effects of Quercus infectoria gall extract against carbon tetrachloride treated liver injury in rats
- Activity of Quercus infectoria gall extracts against Candida species
- Antibacterial activities of semipurified fractions of Quercus infectoria against enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli and its verocytotoxin production.
- Quercus infectoria: a candidate for the control of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections.
- Quercus infectoria toxicology / safety study.
- Quercus infectoria cardiovascular safety study.
- Quercus infectoria oral health study.
- Quercus infectoria prevents renal toxicity and carcinogenesis.
- Quercus infectoria prevents wound infection.
- Oak Galls medicinal properties.
- Toxicity of Curcuma longa and Quercus infectoria.
- Quercus infectoria and cancer.