Graviola Leaf Tea 150gm
Normal Price RM45.00
Graviola (Annona muricata) is originally from the Amazon rainforest and the tree produces the delicious green prickly fruit commonly called Soursop in English and Durian Belanda in Malaysia and Indonesia. It is the leaves that contain the principle therapeutic effect and are the subject of numerous studies for their anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer potential. From the perspective of natural healing, a remedy should do no harm but support the bodies own innate healing ability and Graviola Leaf Tea fits this description perfectly.Graviola leaf is traditionally used to:
- Support immunity and antioxidant protection
- Support healthy circulation
- Relieve inflammation and arthritic pain
As a daily preventative antioxidant tea: Add 1 full teaspoon Graviola leaf tea to a cup of boiling water and let sit for 10 minutes.
As a stronger decoction: Add 2 full teaspoons in 1 and a half cups of water and keep on a low boil for 5 minutes. Strain and take every 4-6 hours.
Each jar contains 150gms of finely cut mature Graviola leaf from Malaysian organically farmed source.
Modern Scientific Research
All parts of the small tree have been used in traditional medicine but it is the leaves in particular that have shown to contain the most bioactive phytochemicals in preliminary scientific studies. The leaves have been found to display antioxidant and anticancer properties against multiple cancers in laboratory studies. These studies are investigating that Graviola compounds may target malignant cancer cells in several different cancers, including breast, colon, lung, liver, prostate and pancreatic cancer. The antitumor, properties of Graviola may be due to the acetogenins blocking production of adenosine triphosphate, ATP the energy-carrying compound, but only to abnormal cells and leaving healthy cells untouched.
While all pre-clinical research has shown promising effects as an anti-cancer agent, detailed clinical trials to confirm its effects are still lacking. Musch of the popularity related to it's anticancer activity is from patients own testimonials. Because of this it has become popular as a natural alternative therapy in cancer treatment, especially when no other treatment options are available. The lack of clinical evidence does not mean that Graviola leaf is not effective as a therapeutic candidate for cancer, but that only funds have not been forthcoming to conduct the extremely expensive clinical studies on a natural substance that would be complicated to patent.
Traditional people living in the rainforests of South America used Graviola to treat high blood pressure via a gentle dilation of blood vessels as well as to relieve pain and inflammation, especially in joint pain and arthritis. Taken regularly the tea also supports relaxation and promotes sleep. Not recommended during pregnancy or if low blood pressure is an issue.
- In Vivo Antimalarial Activity of Annona muricata Leaf Extract in Mice Infected with Plasmodium berghei
- Antioxidant, DNA protective efficacy and HPLC analysis of Annona muricata (soursop) extracts
- Phytochemical screening, anti-oxidant activity and in vitro anticancer potential of ethanolic and water leaves extracts of Annona muricata (Graviola)
- Anti-cancer effect of Annona Muricata (Graviola) Leaves Crude Extract on breast cancer cell line
- Evaluation of cytotoxicity of aqueous extract of Graviola leaves on squamous cell carcinoma cell-25 cell lines
- Annona muricata leaves induced apoptosis in A549 cells through mitochondrial-mediated pathway and involvement of NF-κB
- Gastroprotective activity of Annona muricata leaves against ethanol-induced gastric injury in rats via Hsp70/Bax involvement
- Synergistic interactions among flavonoids and acetogenins in Graviola (Annona muricata) leaves confer protection against prostate cancer
- Annona muricata (Annonaceae): A Review of Its Traditional Uses, Isolated Acetogenins and Biological Activities