Intelligen C8 MCT Oil 500ml
Intelligen C8 with Caprylic Acid and Tocotrienols is a revolutionary Keto Diet ingredient and liquid focus fuel.
INTELLIGEN C8 MCT Oil is more than 10 times stronger than regular coconut oil in Caprylic acid (C8). Of all the Medium Chain Triglycerides, Caprylic acid is metabolized the fastest into ketones that the brain can use for instant energy without the need for glucose from carbohydrates or sugar. Intelligen C8 proprietary blend also contains full spectrum Tocotrienols, the rarest and most bioavailable of all the Vitamin E family found in their highest concentration only in red palm fruit.
Suggested usage: Simply add 1 or 2 teaspoons in your morning coffee, smoothie, protein shake, salad dressing or sprinkled on your favourite recipe.
Understanding C8 Caprylic MCT Oil
Pure Caprylic acid MCT Oil is a small 8 carbon chain fatty acid that rapidly is converted to ATP cellular energy in 3 simple steps after consuming, compared with 26 steps involved to get energy from sugar. The metabolism of Caprylic acid produces ketones that rapidly cross the blood-brain barrier to provide an alternative energy to the brain not dependent on glucose. Many cognitive issues, including Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, senile dementia, autism and specific behavioral conditions involve disturbed glucose metabolism in the brain, just as diabetes involves impaired glucose metabolism in the body. It is this area that is showing great promise in the dietary management of disorders of cognition.
The ketogenic diet was first discovered nearly 100 years ago when researchers looked for a diet that could mimic the beneficial effects that fasting had on anticonvulsant seizure control in epilepsy, especially drug resistant epilepsy in children. After much study they found that a high fat and low carbohydrate diet created the same results of fasting leading them to later discover this was due to the 3 main ketone bodies produced from metabolising fat; beta-hydroxybutyrate, acetoacetate and its breakdown product, acetone. The beneficial effects of ketones utiized by mitochondria for ATP energy generation may also help protect brain neurons from free radical damage and be of benefit in a whole range of other nervous system disorders. Genomic research is also revealing those genetic polymorphisms that predispose to neurodegenerative conditions such as Alzheimer's and the ketogenic diet and MCT Oil is showing great promise as an alternative dietary intervention to pharmaceutical drugs.
The dietary fats that produce the most pronounced ketone production are medium chain triglycerides, especially Caprylic acid found in its highest concentration in tropical oils from coconut and palm kernal.
Check out these Rainforest Herbs Blogs:
How to add MCT Oil to your diet and avoiding common mistakes
- A ketogenic drink improves brain energy and some measures of cognition in mild cognitive impairment. Fortier M et al, 2019
- The ketogenic diet as a potential treatment and prevention strategy for Alzheimer's disease. Broom GM et al, 2019
- Effects of a medium-chain triglyceride-based ketogenic formula on cognitive function in patients with mild-to-moderate Alzheimer's disease. Ota M, et al 2019
- Apolipoprotein-the door to insulin-resistant dyslipidemia and brain fog? A case study Stoykovich S et al, 2019
- Nutritional Ketosis Increases NAD/NADH Ratio in Healthy Human Brain. Lijing Xin et al 2018
- A Review on the Relationship between Tocotrienol and Alzheimer Disease, Yong Chin K, 2018
- Can Ketones Help Rescue Brain Fuel Supply in Later Life? Implications for Cognitive Health during Aging and the Treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease. Cunnane SC, et al 2016
- The ketogenic diet: metabolic influences on brain excitability and epilepsy. Lutas A et al, 2013