Pueraria mirifica Herb Powder 50 grams
Pueraria Mirifica - Nature's most important phytoestrogen, known in Thailand as “Kwao Krua Kao” with a long history of use as a rejuvenative food for women.
Our experts in organic cultivation in northern Thailand ensure that only the exact species, Pueraria candollei var. mirifica is cultivated and it is then dried and finely powdered under strict hygenic conditions. It contains no other ingredients or excipients.
Ancient texts describe Pueraria mirifica as a "fountain of youth" for women and the elderly that rejuvenates the skin and hair and enhances the memory and energy. Modern research has focused on its unique phytoestrogens, including miroestrol and we invite you to read more to understand this important functional food.
In northern Thailand, the tuberous root is consumed as a food by the elderly in particular for the following:
- Slow aging and maintain youthful energy
- Skin suppleness and prevent wrinkles
- Prevent hair greying and encourage hair growth
- Reduce menopause symptoms
- Breast firmness and reduce sagging
How to Use?
Pueraria mirifica, also known as White Kwao Krua is a tuberous food found in northern and north eastern Thailand and Myanmar. Pueraria mirifica tuber contains high levels of natural phytoestrogens including miroestrol, deoxymiroestrol, puerarin, daidzein, genistin, genistein, B-Sitosterol, stigmasterol, coumestrol, campesterol, mirificoumestan, kwakhurin, and mirificine.
Click the research links below for more info:
- Understanding Phytoestrogens and Pueraria mirifica, by Rainforest Herbs Medical Herbalist, Benjamin Drewe
Pueraria mirifica and osteoporosis
- Pueraria mirifica extract and puerarin enhance proliferation and expression of alkaline phosphatase and type I collagen in primary baboon osteoblasts
- Impact of Pueraria candollei var. mirifica and its potent phytoestrogen miroestrol on expression of bone-specific genes in ovariectomized mice.
- Upregulation of osteoblastic differentiation marker mRNA expression in osteoblast-like UMR106 cells by puerarin and phytoestrogens from Pueraria mirifica.
Pueraria mirifica and cognitive function
- Effect of miroestrol on ovariectomy-induced cognitive impairment and lipid peroxidation in mouse brain.
- Neurotherapeutic Effects of Pueraria mirifica Extract in Early- and Late-Stage Cognitive Impaired Rats.
- Protection of HT22 neuronal cells against glutamate toxicity mediated by the antioxidant activity of Pueraria candollei var. mirifica extracts.
Pueraria mirifica and menopause
- Clinical Trial of the Phytoestrogen-rich Herb; Pueraria mirifica as a Crude Drug in the Treatment of Symptoms in Menopausal Women
- Comparison of Pueraria mirifica 25 and 50 mg for menopausal symptoms.
- Efficacy comparison of Pueraria mirifica (PM) against conjugated equine estrogen (CEE) with/without medroxy-progesterone acetate (MPA) in the treatment of climacteric symptoms in perimenopausal women: phase III study.
- Pueraria mirifica phytoestrogens improve dyslipidemia in postmenopausal women probably by activating estrogen receptor subtypes
- Effect of Pueraria mirifica on the Sexual Skin Coloration of Aged Menopausal Cynomolgus Monkeys
- Effects of Pueraria mirifica and miroestrol on the antioxidation-related enzymes in ovariectomized mice.
- Determination of the Estrogenic Activity of Wild Phytoestrogen-Rich Pueraria Mirifica