Our premium grade Pueraria mirifica superfine powder is organic cultivated in northern Thailand.
The tuberous root of Pueraria mirifica are traditionally used in northern Thailand as a functional food and herbal medicine for longevity, especially in the regions of Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai. The earliest records of Pueraria mirifica use date back to the 13th Century AD. In these regions the tuber is used in recipes eaten by the elderly, especially women for the following:
- Slow aging and maintain youthful energy
- Skin suppleness and prevent wrinkles
- Prevent hair greying and encourage hair growth
- Reduce menopause symptoms
- Breast firmness and reduce sagging
Modern scientific research has confirmed that Pueraria mirifica indeed contains both phytoestrogen isoflavones as well as the uniquely important compound Miroestrol, not found in any other plant or Pueraria species and has an affinity to estrogen binding sites in the body and has a hormone rejuvenating effect even though it contains no estrogen.
Highest Quality Root Powder
Our Pueraria mirifica root powder is harvested from only mature > 6 years old tubers and tested for all major phytoestrogens including miroestrol, puerarin, diadzin, genestin, genestein and diadzein. Each batch undergoes microbiological analysis before it is released and because it is organically cultivated we also test for pesticide residues as part of our quality guarantee.
Packing: 50 grams of pure Pueraria mirifica powder comes in a bottle for Malaysian orders and an aluminium sachet for export orders and the contents may be transferred to an airtight jar.
How to drink?
Simply add 1 small spoonful of the spoon that comes with your order (this holds approx. 1/3 flat teaspoon or 300mg) to your favourite drink, tea or coffee every morning and evening. Pueraria mirifica pure powder has a mild acceptable taste.
As with most herbs, not recommended during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Not to be taken for 1 week during menstruation.
Pueraria mirifica, also known as White Kwao Krua is a tuberous food found in northern and north eastern Thailand and Myanmar. Pueraria mirifica tuber contains high levels of natural phytoestrogens including miroestrol, deoxymiroestrol, puerarin, daidzein, genistin, genistein, B-Sitosterol, stigmasterol, coumestrol, campesterol, mirificoumestan, kwakhurin, and mirificine.
Click the research links below for more info:
- Understanding Phytoestrogens and Pueraria mirifica, by Rainforest Herbs Medical Herbalist, Benjamin Drewe
Pueraria mirifica and osteoporosis
- Pueraria mirifica extract and puerarin enhance proliferation and expression of alkaline phosphatase and type I collagen in primary baboon osteoblasts
- Impact of Pueraria candollei var. mirifica and its potent phytoestrogen miroestrol on expression of bone-specific genes in ovariectomized mice.
- Upregulation of osteoblastic differentiation marker mRNA expression in osteoblast-like UMR106 cells by puerarin and phytoestrogens from Pueraria mirifica.
Pueraria mirifica and cognitive function
- Effect of miroestrol on ovariectomy-induced cognitive impairment and lipid peroxidation in mouse brain.
- Neurotherapeutic Effects of Pueraria mirifica Extract in Early- and Late-Stage Cognitive Impaired Rats.
- Protection of HT22 neuronal cells against glutamate toxicity mediated by the antioxidant activity of Pueraria candollei var. mirifica extracts.
Pueraria mirifica and menopause
- Comparison of Pueraria mirifica 25 and 50 mg for menopausal symptoms.
- Efficacy comparison of Pueraria mirifica (PM) against conjugated equine estrogen (CEE) with/without medroxy-progesterone acetate (MPA) in the treatment of climacteric symptoms in perimenopausal women: phase III study.
- Pueraria mirifica phytoestrogens improve dyslipidemia in postmenopausal women probably by activating estrogen receptor subtypes
- Effect of Pueraria mirifica on the Sexual Skin Coloration of Aged Menopausal Cynomolgus Monkeys
- Effects of Pueraria mirifica and miroestrol on the antioxidation-related enzymes in ovariectomized mice.
Pueraria mirifica safety